Wednesday 15 April 2020

Isolation inspiration - Not everything that looks like it might be a mushroom, is a mushroom

This post is a result of a comedy writing workshop I did with Neil Thornton and the NZ Comedy School, online on Zoom over lockdown. In case you haven't read the surrounding posts, I have enjoyed my daily walks and pleasantly finding wild growing mushrooms on people's berms and next to the footpaths I have been frequenting.

Things that look like mushrooms (from the middle distance) -

Dog shit
– amazing how much so

Toadstools
The main reason I haven’t preached to the masses (to go forth and gather mushrooms) as I have the benefit of experience of growing up on a farm -so I know the difference between a mushroom and a toadstool whereas other people may not, and I don’t want to poison any one, or send them on a psychedelic experience

Litter 
Especially on berms

Wool/Cloth
Wool was a big one on the farm now it’s random bits of cloth

Daisies

Puff balls
Like toadstools they are natures cock tease.

No comments:

Post a Comment